Swallowtail

 
Early evening yesterday I had a phone call from Michael Blencowe advising me that a Swallowtail was near Wilmington. Unfortunately I was unable to get over there then but as it had rained all night I decided that there was still a very good chance that the butterfly was likely still to be in the same area today. Not perhaps ideal weather for butterfly watching but as it appeared to brighten slightly I took advantage and shot over there with instructions as to where it had been. Amazingly it was still there and as a warmer and brighter patch arrived the butterfly opened its wings for a while. An amazing sight to see this rare migrant in Sussex. My thanks to Michael for letting me know about it and to David Bradford who originally found it.
 
 
 
 

 
 

 

You liked this post? Subscribe via RSS feed and get daily updates.